Despite all the medical advancement, despite the digital era, some things are still shrouded in mystery, half-truths, and legends. Surprisingly enough, erectile dysfunction is one of them. Many people suffer from it, but not too many people are willing to talk about it, for the obvious reasons. Here’s the list of all the most common myth regarding ED.
- ED is perfectly normal when you reach a certain age. This is one of the more dangerous ones, because people kind of accept it and learn to live with it. Lack of sexual contact can cause many serious health issues and psychological issues, not enjoying sexual contact is just isn’t healthy.
- ED doesn’t happen to younger people. Yet another age-related ED myth: unfortunately enough, it’s not true. It is true that it’s more common past a certain age, but young people suffer from it as well.
- ED isn’t dangerous. That’s also one of the most prevalent myths. You should consider ED a tell-tale sign that there’s something seriously wrong with your body. It could be a symptom of numerous heart issues, atherosclerosis, hormonal issues, neurological issues or diabetes.
- You will have to pop ED pills forever. Once you start taking them, there’s no going back. That’s what most people think. That’s not true. You can cure your ED 100%.
- ED is caused by the lack of attraction. That just puts more pressure on the person with ED problems and doesn’t help anyone. There are many, many reasons why a person would have trouble with an erection.
In fact, let’s go over the possible causes of ED, just to dispel this myth. For this list, we collaborated with qualified experts from tadalis-sx.net. So, here are the most common causes:
- Prostate and bladder issues;
- Unhealthy lifestyle, including lack of exercise, heavy drinking, and smoking;
- Psychological issues, any kind;
- Undiagnosed hormonal issues;
- Neurological issues;
- Side-effects from prescription medicines;
- Diabetes (according to the data online, up to 55% of men with diabetes also suffer from ED);
- Heart issues.
The Conclusion and Further Reading
As you can see, there’s a ton of ground to cover when it comes to ED. It’s one of the most researched issues, but there are still many myths. Some of them can lead to dangerous results, so we strongly suggest you visit anti-ED sources to educate yourself further.